You’re trying to make the world a better place, and you’re looking for a writer who can help you communicate your powerful message. The products and services you provide are already valuable, you just need the power of effective communication to transmit your message.
I’m Prudence, and I’m on your team. I help businesses build trust and long-term relationships with clients by writing with clarity, integrity, and a deep sense of connectedness. My writing conveys warmth and sincerity, wisdom and compassion. I work only with clients who hold these qualities themselves.
In a world full of hawkers and down-and-dirty marketers, you’re looking for ways to convey truth. I’m here to tell you it’s not only possible, it’s the way of the future. People are seeking authenticity and finding cheap substitutes. They want to drink deeply from the river, and they’re being thrown slop.
I don’t do slop.
I write clean copy that strips away the fluff and hype, drawing people to your services by clearly and honestly communicating your message.
And if you’re ready to offer educational programs – e-books or online courses — I can create those, too.
You’ll love my writing if you like going deep. I’ve been an academic, and I love research. I like to look at all sides of an issue so that the reader is truly well-informed. But I also write words readers can understand and relate to. True wisdom isn’t alienating, it’s compassionate, warm, and enlightening.
Copywriting. If your business targets intelligent people who are seeking to live their best lives, you need copy that speaks their language. These people aren’t interested in the “hard sell.” They’re tired of the usual pitching techniques, and they resist being manipulated. What they want is sincerity. They want to know your business has integrity and the products you’re offering truly fit their needs. I help businesses communicate with these discerning buyers about the following and related topics:
- Nutrition and Dietary Habits (raw food, vegan and paleo diets, slow food, fasting, quality supplementation, aging gracefully)
- Physical Fitness and Flexibility (high intensity interval training, yoga, aikido, cycle touring, walking)
- Spiritual Well-Being (meditation, breath work, rites of passage, life purpose)
- Emotional Well-Being (Enneagram, flower essences, animal-assisted therapy, play therapy, art and music therapy)
- Physical Wellness (organic products, herbal wisdom, alternative health care, essential oils)
- Social/Relational Wellness (intergroup dialogue, parent-child and partner communication, non-violent communication, personal development through conflict)
- Environmental Wellness (sustainability, organics, divine feminine principle, animal welfare)
- Education (home school resources, self-education, alternative schools, radical teaching, teacher-led schools, parent-teacher and school-community relations)
E-Books. E-books are gifts to both your business and your consumers. Your business continues to reap benefits – either monetary or in the form of new followers — as your clients gather much-needed information. You want your e-books to be useful, clear, error-free, and a pleasure to read. The e-book will give you a polished and professional product to offer your customers: a showpiece that garners immediate trust and respect. I write books or e-books on the following and related topics:
- Inter-professional collaboration
- Wellness (all types)
- Expat Living
- Writing (Poetry, Essay, Thesis, Character Development, Dissertation)
- Teaching and Facilitation
- Healthy Lifestyle
Course Creation. Do you find yourself frequently answering the same questions in your Comments section? Do you have much more to say about the services you offer? Are your clients ready to take the next step and commit to a higher level of learning? Perhaps it’s time you offered a course of study that will give your followers in-depth information in a defined time period. You’ll need Power Point presentations, handouts, video scripts, and promotional copy (or any combination of these). I can package it all for you, even offering voice-over and video services, if you so desire. You tell me what you want to teach, and I’ll create the whole package. I’ve created curricula for the following courses:
- Living The Raw Food Lifestyle
- A Year of Living Spirituality
- The Meaning of Menopause
- Embracing the Feminine, A Course for Men
- The Hero’s Journey: A Course in Purpose
- The Inner Enneagram: A Year-Long Guide to The Faces Within
- Poetry and the Self: Using the Language of the Soul to Guide Your Life
- Sweet Satisfaction: How to Give Up Sugar and Still Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
- The Writing Process: Creating Powerful Papers in College and Beyond
After a career training professional teachers and facilitators in the U.S., as well as facilitating my own courses for many years, I now write from a small farm in Costa Rica, where I moved with my husband after our son was grown. I’ve got training and experience in the fields of education, social work, radio broadcasting, and writing. I’ve been a researcher, evaluator, teacher, trainer, curriculum developer, government program director, and retreat center owner. Let me know if you’d like more details on my background. Suffice it to say I have a lot of experience working with educated people seeking to better themselves and the world. It’s a language I speak and would love to communicate to your clients.
- Ph.D. work in transformative studies from the California Institute of Integral Studies
- Ph.D. candidacy in educational leadership and policy studies from the University of Washington
- Master of Science in education from Florida State University
- MSW work at Florida State University and the University of Washington
- Ph.D. work in international psychology from the Chicago School of Professional Psychology
- B.S. in education from FSU
My Work History
- Freelance writer – author and co-author of books published by Henry Holt and Rowman & Littlefield; blog, article, and e-book projects for innumerable websites; curriculum writer for school-community collaboration projects, for university courses, and for a variety of trainings and classes for both adults and teens.
- Retreat Center Owner/Director (The Calliope Center for Reflection and Renewal, Viroqua, Wisconsin)
- Writer/Facilitator/Trainer for classes and workshops on the Enneagram, Family Constellations, the Wheel of Initiation, the Hero’s Journey, the Hero’s Journey for Writers, other poetry and writing workshops, raw vegan food preparation, The Divine Feminine for Men, Authentic Facilitation, Internal Family Systems, breath work, and others.
- Radio Show Co-Host (The Heart of Wellness and Business Matters)
- Boarding High School Creative Writing and Health Teacher and “Class Mom”
- Researcher and Evaluator – Community- and School-Based Programs
- Teacher Trainer – Fostering Resiliency, School-Community Collaboration, Parent Involvement, Teaching Students with FAS (fetal alcohol syndrome), Effective Curricula
- ATOD (alcohol, tobacco, and other drug) Prevention Coordinator for the state of Florida
- Teacher, first grade and kindergarten
- Singing Telegram delivery gal
Still interested? Let’s talk!